Pandemic Update — June 1st
In less than a month’s time, Liam and I were expecting to say, ‘I do’.
As the weeks continue to slip by and our friends and family keep checking in with us, we have come to the realization that due to the restrictions in place in Ontario due to COVID-19, our wedding isn’t going to happen as planned. So, we will have to postpone our wedding until next year.
If there is any chance we can have a tiny ceremony on our chosen date of June 27, 2020, with our wedding party present only, we will proceed to have it. We would then re-new our vows amongst all of our loved ones next year and have the big celebration then. This, however, will only happen if city halls begin to re-open to allow us to obtain a marriage license.
Like many, we have learned to take one day at a time, to be grateful that we remain healthy, and that we have each other during these trying times. As disappointed as we are that our special day isn’t going to happen as originally planned, we know that once we are all able to come together again safely, everyone of us will be all the more willing to celebrate – and that’s what we were always hoping for.
Thanks everyone for your continued support, love and understanding.
* * *
For those of you, (excluding the wedding party), who have a hotel reservation, we would encourage you to cancel it.
– Catherine & William
Catherine & William have the honour of inviting you to their wedding on the 27th of June 2020 at Stonefields in Beckwith.